Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of entry to the museum
Lakeland Motor Museum Limited places great importance on the health and safety of its guests and is diligent to ensure that its high standards are met by all persons visiting the attraction. Please assist us in ensuring our attraction and its facilities remain a safe place in which to have fun, educational and exciting experiences. On this page, the following definitions shall apply: Attraction: Lakeland Motor Museum/Us/We: Lakeland Motor Museum Limited (Company No: 5957608 – Registered in England and Wales) whose registered office address is at Winander House, Glebe Road, Bowness-on-Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 3HE.
- You are admitted to the Attraction subject to the following Entry Conditions. If you do not comply with them you may be removed from the Attraction by Lakeland Motor Museum staff or police officers, without any right to a refund. This is without prejudice to any claim we may have against you or arising from your actions.
- Whilst at the Attraction you must comply with any reasonable instructions given to you by Lakeland Motor Museum staff or any third party instructed on behalf of Lakeland Motor Museum.
- By entering the Attraction you accept that you have a duty to take reasonable steps to ensure your own safety taking into account any personal medical conditions. All persons in and around the Attraction should behave in a safe manner at all times.
- The Attraction is private property and all persons entering must pay for admission or hold a valid ticket. Tickets must be retained and submitted for inspection if required by Lakeland Motor Museum staff.
- No child or children under the age of 16 years will be admitted to the Attraction unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
- Each ticket is issued subject to these conditions and the conditions set out in the notices and other publications issued by another party if the ticket enables you to use any of their services.
- If you do not have a ticket you will be required to buy one at full cost. You may not transfer your ticket to another person.
- Each ticket may be used only once.
- We cannot be held responsible or liable for refunds in the event of delay due to traffic, unavailability of parking or lost or stolen tickets. No refunds can be given under any circumstances.
- We cannot be held responsible for loss of property while at the Attraction.
- We may vary our opening times from time to time. Please check current opening times by visiting our website.
- We may from time to time carry out security searches in the interests of visitors safety.
Combined Ticketing Arrangements with other Attractions
Where tickets are issued by Lakeland Motor Museum solely on behalf of, or combined with other attractions or operators, Lakeland Motor Museum Limited is acting as agent for the relevant attraction/operator in all cases. If a ticket entitles you to any services from another party (including the right to travel in another party’s transport services) it is also evidence of a contract between you and that other party. The conditions relating to those additional services may be different and will be obtainable from that other party.
Lakeland Motor Museum issues tickets solely on behalf of, or combined with the following other attractions:
- Windermere Lake Cruises– registered office: Winander House, Glebe Road, Bowness on Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 3HE. Company registration number 929280
- Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway Company Ltd – registered office: Haverthwaite Station, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 8AL. Company registration number 00975745.
- The Lakes Aquarium (operated by The Real Live Leisure Company Limited) – registered office: Blackpool Zoo, East Park Drive, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY3 8PP. Company registration 3446630.
- Windermere Jetty Museum of Boats, Steam and Stories / Lakeland Arts - registered office - Lakeland Arts, Abbot Hall Art Gallery, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 5AL. Company registration 08162578
- No person or organisation is allowed to hold a charitable, social or commercial event at the Attraction without giving adequate prior notice to include full disclosure of intended activity and then being in receipt of written or emailed confirmation from us detailing payment terms and any restrictive conditions.
- Organisers must hold appropriate Public Liability insurance cover for the event and as a condition of using the Attraction as a venue and without being asked will provide to those attending the event a disclaimer indicating that the Attraction has no direct involvement in it.
- Participants in official motor car and motorcycle club events being held at the Lakeland Motor Museum must have completed and submit to us an Event Entry Form which is in keeping with the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs Limited (FBHVC) guidelines and which clearly states the name and date of the event, the name and address of the organiser and the various terms and conditions applicable to the event. Entrants must have Public Liability insurance which provides cover for a hobby taking place in a public place and have checked that their Road Traffic Act (RTA) insurance (if applicable) does not exclude use of the vehicle for exhibitions. For additional guidance please see: www.fbhvc.co.uk
- When the Attraction holds events such as Classic Drive and Ride-In Days with no requirement to book in advance then those who decide to participate must be fully insured and be in no way reliant on the Attraction providing insurance cover to any extent.
Our commitment to provide a service
- Lakeland Motor Museum will strive to present exhibits featured in promotional advertising and publicity material and on its website. However we undertake continuous exhibit rotation and a particular item or items which you may wish to see may not be on display at the time of your visit. Our exhibitions may be temporarily or permanently withdrawn at any time.
- We reserve the right without prior notice to close the Attraction and/or change the Attraction opening hours. We at our absolute discretion reserve the right to close the whole or any part of the Attraction at any time or to restrict the number of persons having access to the Attraction. The reason for any closure or restriction provided by this condition may include (but are not limited to) technical or operational reasons, capacity, inclement weather, special events or to ensure the safety and security of guests or if Lakeland Motor Museum reasonably considers the circumstances so require.
Our right to remove you
- We acting reasonably reserve the right to refuse admission to the Attraction, ban from entry to the Attraction or remove from the Attraction without any right to a refund any person whose presence or actions may affect the enjoyment and/or safety of other guests or staff or who acts in an inappropriate and/or undesirable manner whilst travelling to the Attraction whether by bus, coach, train, boat or other means.
- We reserve the right to recover reasonable costs in relation to repairing any damage caused by you to any item at the Attraction even if the costs exceed fair market value before the damage, and also to recover any related expenses stemming from injury, annoyance, aggravation and loss of use during the repair period. If the damage cannot be repaired then we reserve the right to recover the fair market value of the item before it was damaged. We reserve the right to initiate legal proceedings or prosecute any person found damaging or defacing any part of the grounds, buildings or exhibits at the Attraction.
- We operate CCTV at Lakeland Motor Museum in certain areas however we do not make any representation as to the extent of coverage of these cameras. Your image may be captured and processed and this is done to assist us and any statutory body in ensuring your reasonable safety and security during your visit.
- All items, belongings and other property brought to the Attraction by you are at your own risk and we accept no liability for any loss or damage to such property. As such, we recommend that you do not bring valuables to the Attraction.
- To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles being brought into the Attraction, you are admitted to the Attraction subject to the condition that if requested to do so, you will allow yourself and/or your belongings to be searched. Any person found to be in possession of an article deemed to be offensive or dangerous will be immediately escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund and Lakeland Motor Museum reserves the right to make reports to the relevant authorities which may lead to prosecution.
- Intoxicating liquor may not be taken into the Attraction and any persons found possessing alcohol or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol may be refused admission to the Attraction or escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund.
- The use of illegal substances is strictly prohibited and any persons found possessing, using or who appear to be under the influence of illegal substances will be refused admission or escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund.
Smoking and Smokefree Legislation: The Health Act 2006
- As the owner of premises which are “enclosed” we are required to operate the Attraction in compliance with Smokefree Legislation. As such it is against the law to smoke inside our premises.
- We also operate a Smokefree policy which extends to the use of electronic cigarettes (also known as vapourisers) and applies to all our premises and grounds, including car park areas.
Dress and Appearance
- You must at all time wear appropriate clothing suitable for a family attraction. If you are wearing clothing that is indecent or likely to cause offence then you will be refused entry or removed from the Attraction without right to a refund.
- We provide free parking for our visitors. Vehicles are parked at the owners’ risk. We take no responsibility for any damage caused to any vehicle using the car park areas and no guarantee is given as to the security of guests’ vehicles in the car park areas or any contents. No vehicles are permitted to remain in the Attraction car parks outside the Attraction normal opening hours except with our permission. Our car park gates will be closed and secured 15 minutes after the closure of the Attraction.
- No breed of dog listed under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 is allowed in the Attraction.
- We do however welcome well behaved dogs on leads. Dogs must be well groomed and have had routine health checks including essential vaccinations and treatments to control parasites.
- Access to Café Ambio is restricted to recognised assistance dogs only.
- Dogs should not be left in any vehicle parked at the Attraction.
- Lakeland Motor Museum reserves the right to contact any relevant authority to make and be responsible for any decision in relation to any dogs that are left unsupervised or that are found to be in distress.
- In the event of a dog fouling on Lakeland Motor Museum land which is classified as being ‘open to the air’ the owner or handler must practice their legal duty under The Clean Neighbourhood and Environment Act 2005 (legislation to control dog fouling.) and the Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996, by immediately cleaning up. In the event of dog fouling, vomiting, urinating or moulting anywhere inside the museum buildings then the owner or handler must immediately clean up the mess and then without hesitation inform a member of staff who will make decisions in relation to the area being cordoned off and appropriate cleaning. The purpose of this condition is to reduce the risk of infectious zoonotic diseases and allergens that can cause allergic response. We reserve the right to recover costs in relation to cleaning, damage to flooring materials and if considered necessary the replacement of flooring materials on a new for old basis, and also to recover any lost ticketing and retail income as a result of any partial or complete closure of the attraction being necessary, at our discretion.
- Unless it is expressly prohibited you are permitted to take photographs within the Attraction provided that these are for private use and are not sold or used for commercial purposes, and do not infringe the privacy of other guests and/or staff.
- From time to time we and authorised parties carry out photography and video recording in the Attraction, which may feature guests.
- Entry to the Attraction is deemed acceptance of these Entry Conditions and you therefore agree that Lakeland Motor Museum or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Lakeland Motor Museum or such authorised party (as the case may be.)
- Guests using Café Ambio are expected to be respectful of others and to keep noise to a minimum.
- Only food that has been purchased from the café may be consumed.
- Children must be supervised at all times while in the café. Please do not allow your children to climb or jump on any of the furniture or fittings. The café will not be held accountable for any injuries caused by misuse.
- Café Ambio has the right to refuse entry to anyone who does not adhere to the café etiquette.
- Please be aware that you may be liable for any damages caused by not adhering to any of the above.
- Only recognised assistance dogs are allowed within Café Ambio.